Thursday, July 25, 2013

Honest Alert: Everyday Happiness

I thought it would be fun to share a subject with you that's near and dear to my heart: happiness.


As you've already heard, I'm not totally certain what is happening after my service term ends in less than a week. I'm all packed up for the most part with most everything in storage, including the majority of my crafting goodies. I've made a few projects ahead of time in anticipation, but I'm guarding them like tiny baby birds and only letting them leave the nest one at a time. For the next few weeks, pickings around here may be a little slim BUT I promise to make up for it with all kinds of  awesomeness once I get settled on the other side of this hurdle. So please stay with me. I need you in my life!

In the meantime, let's get back to talking about happiness.

I don't mean walking around oblivious to the world and what's happening around you, I mean choosing to be aware and alert and still express happiness over sadness, or bitterness, or jealousy--you name it. Finding sources of happiness in all the little things is one of the most important lessons a person can learn in life, in my humble opinion. Because I'm a helpful person, I made you a list of things in which I find little everyday happiness.

1. Little kids wearing sunglasses
2. Elderly people holding hands
3. The word "frolic" or the action, for that matter
4. When I trip but don't completely fall (Take THAT, gravity!)
5. A random call or text from an old friend
6. Breakfast food
7. Thinking I ran out of something, and realizing there is one left
8. When my current jam comes on the radio
9. Finding heart-shaped things in nature
10. Sidewalk chalk
11. Anything in miniature form
12. A happy news article
13. A good hair day
14. Getting to wear the same outfit 2 days in a row because I won't be seeing the same people
15. Thinking something must be done, then remembering I already did it
16. Afternoon walks
17. Randomly thinking about Christmas
18. Surprise free food
19. Finding something that was lost
20. Having the right thing to say at the right time

What would you have on your list of everyday things that make you happy? Would any of these make your list? I'd love to know!

Sheila :)

P.S. If you're interested in more on everyday happiness, you should check out the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp. A friend gave it to me a while ago and I've loved it ever since.

4 comments:

  1. Great post as usual, Sheila!
    I wouldn't have thought of many of these- but they certainly do bring happiness. I especially like having the right thing to say at the right time; on my list would also be saying the wrong thing in the right company :) And getting to surprise someone with something special-maybe a genuine compliment or their favorite sweet treat! And of course having a great run or other fitness-related adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! Only you would be able to find complete equal happiness in treats and runs :)

      Delete
  2. I love thinking I have to do something, then remembering I already did it! I love it when I get to cross things off my to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the most satisfying feeling?! Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts or subscribe using the buttons on the top right so we can get together again soon. Thanks friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...